keep to self:

"standing still can also be a beautiful thing." -SOLE (쏠)

Saturday, October 8, 2022

2.1.7 Peripheral Devices

LabSim provides examples of peripheral devices including keyboards, mice, scanners, digital cameras, speakers and microphones, printers, and external storage devices. Many of these devices can either be connected to a computer through a wired or wireless connection. My first experience with wireless devices regarding computers was Apple's Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse for the iMac. It was a dream come true because I hated tugging on the wires with USB keyboards and mice. A wired peripheral device I'm required to use is a digital camera. Last semester, my biology professor wanted everyone to buy an external webcam for exam recording purposes to make sure no one cheats. A built-in webcam on my MacBook Air wouldn't suffice since the camera cannot fully capture the view around you. Since my Windows laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam, I found another way to put my external webcam to use! I now use it for WebEx meetings along with wireless earbuds for microphone connection. 

17 comments:

  1. Peripheral devices are expanding the functionalities of the computer/laptop :-)

    Glad you are able to use your external camera for WebEx meetings ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to quality, I still believe in the wired peripherals due to the ease of connection rather than wireless. My experience with wireless peripherals has not always been the best, unless I was an actual IT graduate. Wired peripherals have always been guaranteed to always have a good connection, that's why I stick to this type of connection. Until wireless connections become more secured, I will stick to what I know for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wired > Wireless any day not having to worry about charging another battery makes for one less thing to worry about

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connectivity either wired or wireless is a preference of the user. Now a days we all need either one or both for work, school, or gaming. I hadn't used a hand held mouse in so many years, but having been working back in an office I had to. It felt foreign to me because I'm so used to using my laptop mouse pad. I've let my fingers do the walking, scrolling, and tapping for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Different application I preferred wired and on some others wireless. Having a choice to do either one is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to have both options of wired and wireless peripheral devices. I still prefer wired peripherals I don’t have to worry about charging or losing the device.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer to use wired just so I don't have to keep charging batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not used an external web camera in a long time for the same reason mentioned. They are almost always built in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also prefer wired and will sometimes use wireless connections when in the field.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a wireless gaming mouse yet prefer to have it plugged in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I prefer wireless keyboard and mouse for work. And to also have a wireless mouse for my personal laptop. I find it so much easier to use if I'm not fumbling around with a cord.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rapid development of these external computer devices from many aspects provides us with convenience!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like wired, although it is messy and the cords get tangled. I do not want to have to go through the trouble of finding out what is wrong with my wireless mouse or keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I grew up with Wired peripherals, my first Wireless peripheral was a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had wireless mouse and keyboard in my cart on Amazon for weeks! I feel like they would be really useful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The fact that most computers allow you to connect other devices to them is really astounding in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I grew up on wired everything. Feels a little more reliable to me.

    ReplyDelete