keep to self:

"standing still can also be a beautiful thing." -SOLE (쏠)

Saturday, October 29, 2022

still beautiful

What song has held a special place in your heart lately? I'm curious to know and listen to them all!

The astrological transits must be heavily influencing my emotions because lately, I've been listening to a lot of songs that make me cry. A very special song that's been on repeat every week on my playlist is 'still beautiful' by SOLE, a Korean R&B artist (R&B is my favorite genre of all time). Singing behind a piano melody, SOLE cherishes self-love by embracing her spirit through tough times. 
In the music video, the animation starts as her going on a journey to reach the goal to success with a group of friends and at each checkpoint, someone eventually gives up. In the end, she reaches success alone but finds that there are still more challenges ahead, which leads to her sadly giving up. In the midst of crying, she notices that all her friends are at the bottom waiting for her, and with even more tears in her eyes, she joins them. 

The message I got from the story is that everyone has a breaking point and what truly matters is to look after yourself when life knocks you down and enjoy the small things. It's okay to not be okay. After reading the translated lyrics in English, I bawled. Music is truly the universal language of mankind! 
Songs like this help me through moments of anxiety and stress. To serve as a daily reminder, I have "standing still can also be a beautiful thing" as a text widget on my profile. I look forward to having children one day so I could sing this song as a lullaby. They'll have to excuse my horrible singing voice 😜

14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful how you find strength in this song and how you tell the story from the song ^_^

    So this is where the title of your previous blog post comes from.

    I hope you do sing your song to your future children :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's okay to not be okay. Self-love and self-care is necessary. Life is full of ups and downs. We don't have to be happy and cheery every day; it's okay to cry sometimes and just be in your feelings. But don't stay in your feelings long, life is full of amazing, wonderful things waiting for you to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this song. Sounds very soothing. Let me feel happy about the day of life and study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. It was a very nice song. It's okay not to be okay, I totally understand. Self-love is always the key to know about ones self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the passion you have for this song. It tells me you feel strongly about music as do I.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, music is truly the universal language of mankind. Music holds a very special power that can take you places and create special emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its amazing what passion you have for music I have yet to be inspired by music just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe we have all been there at one point in our lives or another. It is a fact, it is okay not to be okay. Working on being okay is a life's work. I love the song, it brought tears to my eyes after reading the lyrics. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bro don't make me cry please, *wipes away tear* here have some hard hyper pop not a gateway hyper pop song but its what's on my mind.
    Hot Pot Commander by Wednesday Campanella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Music keeps us sane. I have a song when things have me down called You Gotta Make Your Own Sunshine. When I have a bad day (rarely)lol. I listen to this song and I am good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. It's a very nice song.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been missing home a lot lately (Hawaii). My Pandora station is stuck on Kolohe Kai radio.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really comprehend the type of emotion you are trying to convey in this song. We have a tendency to share a connection to some type of music, which is why we experience those emotions and repeatedly play the same songs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Music can definitely heal! Your blog was very touching.

    ReplyDelete