keep to self:

"standing still can also be a beautiful thing." -SOLE (쏠)

Thursday, December 15, 2022

5.3.1 Deleting and Clearing Cells

After struggling with some checkpoints during skills labs, I quickly learned that there was a clear difference between deleting and clearing cells because it wouldn't even let me pass. I got so frustrated and just gave up for a hint, and after being lost on the hint still, I just wanted the guy in the video to show me before I got more aggravated. Now I know that deleting truly clears the cell's contents and formatting, while clearing keeps the cell blank with the formatting intact.

8 comments:

  1. Good pick up on the difference between deleting and clearing cells, Yuan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at it Yuan. I constantly have to use these two commands for work so its nice to see them represented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for learning the difference it can mean a lot when you need a spreadsheet to maintain its rows and columns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be frustrating when learning new concepts. I'm glad you didn't give up. Excel will come in handy when you start working in accounting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excel was definitely a challenge. There are times when I am in a hurry to finish information on a spreadsheet and accidentally hit the backspace instead of delete and data doesn't get cleared. Luckily, it is a easy fix. I just finished my accounting class and believe me, the delete button to clear information is super handy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was all new to me too. I was a beginner when it came to using Excel. After completing this class I feel more comfortable using Excel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading your post is like remembering the same situation I had to go through, I was about to give up but after watching the video repeatedly I realized the difference too. Excel was definitely a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The struggles we all went through at times.

    ReplyDelete