keep to self:

"standing still can also be a beautiful thing." -SOLE (쏠)

Saturday, December 3, 2022

tomorrow

Kudos to those who can balance school, work, and their personal life. I honestly don't know what type of job I want and my physical disability adds a huge restriction. I'm also very scared of not being able to find a balance between school, work, and my personal life if I happen to find a job. For now, I made the personal choice to play it safe by focusing on my education solely. In the next year, I'm actually going to look into my interests and start from there. Right now, I have no clue. I do have a monthly income stream which is more than enough, thanks to my military education benefits, so in my household, I do pay bills for what I'm responsible for because I don't believe in freeloading. This also sets me up to manage my finances meticulously because I tend to have shopaholic tendencies.

...Every week. 

I lied. 

Every day.

I feel a bit insecure being unemployed at my age. I'm only 21 but some of my friends have made it big fast, and I'm talking about being a real estate agent in San Diego/Los Angeles with professional headshots for their portfolio and everything! Like, wow. I deleted all my personal social media to lay low and make my own moves without comparing my journey to anyone else's. 

It's okay because I'm still young and have complete control of navigating my life. I am eternally blessed for what I have now, so I won't add pressure when I still have a long way to go. Word to GloRilla, "ain't ****** up bout no credit score, I might be rich as **** tomorrow; every day the sun won't shine, but that's why I love tomorrow"! 

9 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for don't believe in freeloading, Yuan ^_^

    Don't compare on a single factor (e.g. career success at the age of 21), did they have physical injury from military service?

    You will learn how to better manage your time and energy to meet all of your obligations in a timely fashion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to be able to manage my time. If you can figure it out in the next 5 years I say your doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something I learned a few years ago is to not compare yourself to anyone else because you will be putting more stress on yourself. You will do great things and be successful in whatever you choose to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post reminded of an old James Bond movie, "Tomorrow Never Dies". I resonate with this because throughout the years James Bond was always re-inventing himself in any situation in all his movies. You have plenty time to find out what you want to do, just don't starve and become homeless while you do it. It would only suck if tomorrow never comes. Always look forward to tomorrow no matter what happens today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your positive attitude. I also believe that you will have a job that you love. You are already excellent! Don't put too much pressure on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yuan, you are doing great! I know it's hard not to compare yourself to others, BUT I've learned that the only person that we should compare ourselves to is the person we were yesterday. As long as you are growing and learning every day, that's an accomplishment to be proud of. You're not staying stagnant. Everyone is on their own journey, on their own timeline. Don't be so hard on yourself. Like you said, you are still young; you have lots of time to figure things out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuan you remind me of a Panic! at the disco album. Im glad you feel confident in your skills, and are taking the time to figure out what it is you want; self reflection is important. Take your time, you don't have to rush. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. At 21 You'll have plenty of time to figure out what to do in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Managing life and life goals is a lifetime event. You do have plenty of time ahead, but as Benjamin Franklin said, "Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today." Daily accomplishments are also important and as long as you manage small tasks, you'll be just fine. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete